Getting distracted easily and often?
Can't remember the last time you felt motivated to work?
Feeling like you're stuck?
This is common.
It's a symptom of numbing your brain with social media, games, and other hyper-stimulating activities.
We are most certainly ancient brains in a high-tech world.
—Adam Gazzaley, The Distracted Mind
Our brain has not evolved to deal with Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, or YouTube.
This traps us in a cycle of distraction that makes it hard to make progress with work, school, or life in general.
And this is where a dopamine detox comes in:
Dopamine detox is a time-restricted challenge (14, 30, 90 days) when you temporarily reduce as many distractions as you can.
Start living a more intentional and fulfilling life, whatever that means for you.
We've done the research on what dopamine detox is about and helped
dozens of people to stop checking distractions mindlessly
through our dopamine detox challenge and make progress in life.
Now we've distilled the key lessons and process into a short and practical guide!
Dopamine Detox Definitive Guide:
Everything you need to know to do a dopamine detox right
What you'll learn:
- What really causes us to get distracted
- What role dopamine plays in distraction
- Common dopamine detox misconceptions and mistakes
- How to not fail (+ and how to get back on track if you do)
- 4 Steps to doing an effective dopamine detox
Read in 1 session, reference as you go
We've made this guide short and also added illustrations for key points.
You can read it in 1-2 sessions and know exactly how to do an effective dopamine detox.
It's also organized in an easy-to-follow structure, so that you can reference relevant sections if you need a refresher or hit a roadblock.
Who is a dopamine detox for?
It might be a good idea for you if:
- You’re sick of the way you spend time
- You can’t focus on work, creative endeavors, or being present with others (partners, friends, family)
- You feel like you can’t stop surfing, grabbing your phone, and scrolling
- You’re tired of watching other people their lives while feeling like you’re not living your own
- You show signs of ADHD even though you used to be able to focus in the past
- You want to make regular things more interesting and fun (and not need to have your phone in your hand constantly just to feel engaged)
Effective Dopamine Detox Guarantee
If our practical guide doesn't help you do an effective dopamine detox and become more engaged in work and life as a result, then you can get your money back within 30 days.
Results we've helped people get:
- Being able to focus longer
- Getting rid of morning scrolling
- Using the phone and computer intentionally
- Significantly less mindless browsing and shopping online
- Going from using the phone for 5-6 hours to 1 hour per day
- Reducing the need to be scroll more and to be constantly available
We've guided people through a dopamine detox challenge and now put the framework and the process into this short guide.